Personal Device Launcher (PDL) is Byte's Real-Time Wireless Barcode Control remote assess software that utilizes a PDA with Pocket PC 2003 technology.
This real-time application uses a wireless network and web interface to provide real-time remote assess to the BYTE database via the internet or intranet.
This wireless approach to access and update data allows both internal and external sources to maintain perpetual raw material inventory control, quality control
of WIP and finished goods, and finished goods inventory control for Byte's entire ERP Software Suite.
If your company requires a flexible, feature-packed, remote access option, the Personal Device Launcher is for you.
- In-Line Inspection: Inspect a bundle during the manufacturing process so quality issues can be sent to repair or rejected as they occur.
- Final Inspection: Inspect a bundle at the end of the manufacturing process prior to transferring to Finished Goods Inventory.
- Variable Inspection: Inspect product based upon predetermined measurements and their tolerances.
FINISHED GOODS INVENTORY CONTROL
- Pack Finished Good Cases from WIP: Scan individual units as they exit the production line into a Finished Goods case.
- Inventory Adjustments: Adjust, transfer, or consume cases by scanning inventory cases.
- Shipping: Attach inventory Cases or case individual units into a shipping case to be shipped to the customer
- Central database is accessible worldwide, real-time.
- Operates on Microsoft Internet Information Server IIS (Windows 2000 / WIN NT / WIN XP)
- Client access is through Pocket-PC wireless devices or Internet browser.
- 802.11 Wireless networking standard with up to 128 bit encryption
- Byte Application Agent provides scalable, secure access to central database from anywhere in the world through an internet connection.
- PDL is a data driven web application built on industry standards utilizing .NET, ASP, JAVA and XML