Possible reasons for severely damaged database files:
- Server crashes
- Server out of disk space
- Database Service not responding on server
- Server is overloaded or network is running too slow, timeout error condition
- Hard drive has become damaged, bad spot on the drive
Most database files can be recovered within 24 hours. Our history proves we can recover most of the data.
Procedures to protect yourself from needing this service:
- Data Backup System
- Invest in option to backup database files while open, that way you can backup during the day several times.
- Have 2 types of backups, one to tape on a nightly basis and one to disk on a more hourly basis.
- BYTE Archive System for certain file groups
- Backup your files before software updates
- Backup your files before moving software to another server
- Use a UPS on your servers; keep them in good working condition. Most common reason for corrupted files are due to power outages.