Product: Purchasing Raw Materials (PRM)
Purchase Raw Materials (PRM) is the keystone of the apparel ERP software suite. Byte's raw materials module for purchasing and receiving fabric, trim, and supplies includes purchase orders, advanced ship notices, receivers, and inventory inspection. Purchase Raw Materials (PRM) is also integrated with Byte's Raw Material Inventory Control (RIC) module, which brings cut demand, current on-hand inventory, and minimum on-hand requirements into purchase order planning. (For more information about Byte's Raw Material Inventory Control (RIC) module, please reference the Raw Material Inventory Control (RIC) product brief.) If your company requires a flexible, feature-packed, raw material purchasing system, Byte's Purchase Raw Materials (PRM) module is is specifically designed for the bill of material based style-size-color matrix for which the apparel software suite is so well known.
That are essential to effective Apparel Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing.
- Multi-Vendors per Item: Byte's unique Vendor Item setup allows the user to attach as many vendors as needed to an inventory item. This flexible deign allows the user to minimize the number raw materials item codes in their database.
- Multi-Purchase Order Types: Create one-time orders, blanket, or release Purchase Orders.
- Magnifies purchasing power: Manage blanket orders and releases against blankets to receive better price points.
- Purchase Greige Fabric Receive Dyed Fabric: If using Byte's Raw Material Inventory Control (RIC) with Purchase Raw Materials (PRM), the user can maintain a perpetual on-hand greige goods inventory by automatically consuming greige goods inventory each time dyed fabric is received.
- Vendor Performance: Vendor History is automatically generated each time a receiver or return is processed capturing all of the needed data to evaluated each vendor individually or in comparison.
- Reduces carrying costs: Better purchase order management prevents over-ordering.
- Better control in receiving: Ensure that goods are received against a purchase order 100% of the time.
POWERFUL AUTOMATED FUNCTIONS
Purchase Raw Materials (PRM) is designed for quick data entry for both purchase orders, advanced ship notices, receivers, and inventory inspection. If more sophistication is required, the Personal Device Launcher (PDL) wireless scanning module streamlines the receiving process.
- Quick and easy ways to send Purchase Orders to the Vendor: Purchase orders can be transmitted electronically via EDI (850), printed, or e-mailed.
- Advanced Ship Notice. Receive the advanced ship notice from the vendor via EDI (856) or manually enter the information for quick accurate receiving, which will dramatically speed up the receiving process.
- Scan your vendor's roll/case labels when receiving. If your vendor uses TALC/SAFLINC voluntary standards, you can receive an Advanced Ship Notice (ASN) into the system and scan the incoming goods when they arrive.
- Link the efforts of purchasing and production planning: Purchase Raw Materials is integrated with Byte's Raw Material Inventory Control (RIC) module and manage inventory position by week not by month, to help keep correct quantities in stock.
PRM with RIC
Multi-Vendors per Item
Multi- Purchase Order Types: Standalone, Blanket, Release
Purchase Greige Fabric Receive Dyed Fabric
Advanced Ship Notice
Receiver requires PO option
Incorporate cut order demands, current on-hand, and on-hand minimums when purchase planning
Optional module Add-ons
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) - 850, 856
Real-time wireless scanning (Personal Device Launcher)