Product: Modsew - Standard Data Apparel Engineering System (MOD)
Byte Software's Apparel Engineering product is MODSEW® AccuRate™. MODSEW® AccuRate™ is a methods-oriented standard data engineering system that produces
consistent, reliable pre-production and production standards for sewing facilities. MODSEW, based on the predetermined time system, MODAPTS, is easy
to learn and use. MODSEW enables method analysts to classify and describe each motion required to sew a given operation and set the standard allowed minutes. MODSEW is integrated with Byte's piecework payroll software, thus eliminating any double entry and maintenance.
MODSEW is the only apparel engineering software for calculating piecework rates supplied by and integrated with a piecework payroll system from the same apparel software company.
Say goodbye to the days of time study and the inaccuracy of operator performance ratings. Set fair, objective and consistent rates using pre-defined
data. MODSEW helps improve working relationships by clearly defining all job assignments and expectations.
That are essential to effective Apparel Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing.
- Easy to learn: Can be mastered in one week vs. months for systems that require hundreds of time values. Unlike MTM, the time value is a part of the MODAPTS code, i.e., M4 = 4 MODS.
- Accurate and consistent: +5% at the 95% confidence level of the true mean. Brings consistency to rates determined by different engineers and in different plants.
- Fast Rate Changes: Since rates are based on standard allowed minutes, only the base rate needs to be updated, the minutes remain the same.
- Improves plant balancing: Figure accurate loading for all departments and fair loading for every employee.
- Determines rates fast: Many times faster than conventional time studies. Easily edited in minutes, and the universal update compresses days of work into a few minutes.
- Improves engineering productivity: Frees key people to work on productivity problems, instead of earnings problems.
- Fair rates: Accounts for every method or motion designed into the operation and no more.
- Emphasizes improved productivity: Spots deviations quickly through lost efficiency reports, enabling corrections to be made.
- Builds stronger working relationships: Clearly defines all job assignments and expectations. Pay and performance are based on objective measures.
MODAPTS is the system of choice
MODSEW is a computerized adaptation of MODAPTS, or MODular Arrangement of Predetermined Time Standards. Developed in the 1960s, MODAPTS has
been used to determine a "fair days work" for clerical workers, warehouse personnel, manufacturing and other business segments.
MODAPTS has been used around the world including Germany, Japan, England, Korea, Russia, New Zealand and 40 other countries. It has been used
effectively by major companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Fisher-Price, Ford Motor Company, H.I.S. and Oshkosh B'Gosh. Effective use by
supervisors themselves in planning their operations confirms its simplicity.
Price Waterhouse affirmed MODAPTS accuracy in comparison with other predetermined time systems and stopwatch time studies. This firm's
extended study also found that MODAPTS could produce up to 20 standards per day, and that average supervisors and employees could understand
and apply the system.
MODAPTS at a glance
Numbers appended to each element represent degree of the action. Motions are normally described by pairs of elements, e.g. M4G3, M4P2
The Time is Now
Are you committed to improving your manufacturing competitiveness? If so, call Byte to find out how MODSEW and our other software modules can help invigorate your plant. We're ready to enter a mutually profitable partnership with you!
Includes 21 MODAPTS data elements (Move, Get, Put,...)
Includes 50 pre-defined MODSEW Modules (GOO, GTO, DSO,...)
Unlimited user-defined Modules available
Accommodates sketches of operation and workplace layout by operation code
On-screen video playback while keying method analysis
Thread consumption calculation by operation and by style
Ability to add machine cycle time, or other cycle time to method
Special "Sew" formula to calculate time per sew burst
One Time Module (OTM) capability for special situations that don't repeat
Rate/style update routine makes mass updates easy
Ability to fill-in data required by PAC, Byte's piecework system
Operation Detail Report with operation sketch and workplace layout
Operation Summary Report
Operation Where-used Report
Thread Consumption Report by Operation
Thread Consumption Report by Style